Should I purchase LED (Light Emitting Diode) or traditional (Incandescent) lights? Here are the Pros and Cons of LED lights.
- LED lights shine with brighter, bolder colors than traditional lights.
- LED lights "burn" cooler, the lights don't really get hot, they don't pose as much of a fire hazard as traditional lights, which feel warm - often hot - to the touch.
- LED lights use far less energy than traditional lights. In fact, the average set of LED lights use 90% less energy than traditional lights. You can also connect more end-to-end because they use less wattage.
- The life expectancy for LED lights is ten times greater than traditional lights. LED lights have no fragile filament to contend with, and no fragile tube. They are resistant to heat, cold and shock.
- LED lights cost more; on average about two to three times that of traditional lights.
- Some people think the LED lights are too harsh and bright compared to the traditional lights.
FACT: In our Christmas Shops, we sell about 75% traditional lights to 25% LED lights but each year the ratio continues to move slowly towards LED.